Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Scalito

I am too depressed about this to really blog about it. So, I won’t. I will say however, that Alito’s adherence to the “Unitary Executive Theory” should be a wakeup call to every U.S. Senator.

Why anyone in the Senate would vote for this man baffles me. A vote for Sam Alito is a vote to diminish their power and the power of the entire legislative process. It makes me wonder how many insane Senators there are. We will of course soon find out. But, as a really smart friend of mine recently pointed out: these representatives of the American people really only care about keeping their jobs and not what their job is.

I am sorry to say that he is apparently right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home