Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Haters

Digby over at Hullabaloo has a very pertinent piece on which are bigger haters, the Right or the Left. Apparently BullMoose and Sully think that the Left and Liberal spectrum is far more hateful than those reasonable and all inclusive folks on the Right.

For my money I think Digby is right. It is the Right that spews far more hate (see Karl Rove that great uniter not divider). I have yet to hear anyone from the Liberal or Left spheres call for the death or murder of a Supreme Court Justice, or Pat Robertson, or Foreign Leader, or anyone else. Yet on the Right, their water-carriers have done so and no one in the leadership of the Right-Wing or this Corporatist Administration has denounced them or called them out.

So, where does that lead me? It leads me to think that the haters on the Right, take a bow Rush Limbaugh, Anne Coulter (soon to be a felon), and Pat Robertson, et al., are way and above anything that Bush/Cheney Haters could come up with: Impeachment and not for illicit sex either! Yes, that is right, impeachment seems rather tame compared to death and destruction doesn’t it?

Now, I have to admit that I am so distraught with the condition of our fragile democracy. I am appalled that the American public is allowing and enabling the destruction of our constitutional system, flawed as it is. Why does the American public enable the elitist entrenchment of the oligarchy to the detriment of the interests of the vast majority of Americans? And yes, my focus is on the Bush/Cheney Cult of Republicanism. When did the Republican Party become the party of the destruction of our constitutional way of life? When and why did they decide to embrace theocracy and corporatism? I was raised to believe the Republicans were the party of small business and small governmental intrusion, not the party of corporate theocracy and in your bedroom regulation.

Yes, I stepped away from the Republicans when they came up with the “Southern Strategy,” but I always believed that they believed in something other than just Racism and Hate. Now it appears that Republicans stand for only one thing: Power at Any Price. And they are maintaining that Power through Hate!

Why hasn’t my former Republican Senator Brooke spoken out on this turn of events?

Read Digby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home