Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

And Now For Your Musical Pleasure!

Political music is everywhere now. The first that came to my attention was Iraq the Musical” an Indy entry.

Then we had the Dixie Chicks, a definitely mainstream entry.

Now we get very serious with Pink.

Then we get a little silly, but none-the-less serious, with a very good take on “I Am the Walrus.”

And we all can look forward to Neil Young’s forthcoming entry on the Impeachment of GWB.

Visions of Pete Seeger, Dylan, and the 60’s. Yes, it is in the music and there will be more to come. Once it enters the mainstream it can’t be stopped.

Feel the magic! It's blowing in the wind!

2 Comments:

Blogger DownWithTyranny said...

Thanks for linking to my Neil Young story. Are you Tuli from The Fugs? If so, we were once in a jail cell together after an anti-Vietnam rally.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Tuli said...

Dear DownWithTyranny:

No, I am the girl version. I met Tuli in the late 60’s at a club in Boston. I had never met anyone else named Tuli and neither had he. He suggested that he would love to “do it with me” [euphemism] because as we called out each other’s names it would be “auto erotic” [another euphemism]. Well, the long and the short of it is that we didn’t, and you didn’t spend any time with me in jail, at least as far as I know. What about being gassed in Newport, RI, on numerous occasions?

Let’s hear it for drugs, sex and rock and roll. But, let us not forget the political activity that we were engaged in as well.

Thanks for your great site and terrific piece on Neil Young. I will never forget hearing “Four Dead in Ohio” in concert; it was a “happening” and a political and emotional moment.

Feel the magic; it is blowing in the wind.

8:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home