Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Saratoga

Well, Brad is right I went to the sales at Saratoga. Though for the first time I only went for the first day. I have been having trouble with one of my legs and the stress of running around and standing made it impossible for me to reconnoiter at a sale that I found totally uninspiring.

I was however totally inspired by a filly, hip #52, a Giant’s Causeway out of Flat Fleet Feet. So, how disappointed was I when she turned up in the walking ring? Totally disappointed would be an understatement. She looked like the least likely New York Bred to be purchased on the weekend. And keep in mind that we are mostly interested in New York Breds.

Though I was only there for the first day of the sale, there was not one filly or colt who made my heart go pitty pat. Not even one who made me stand up and take notice and this is after going though the catalogue with a fine tooth comb. Even hip #52 with all of that breeding went for a paltry $350K. And I found her to be the most exciting entry in the catalogue.

But, hey, what do I know I wouldn’t have spent $16 million on the Green Monkey!

Update: I did however have a wonderful time at Saratoga. The weather was the best ever in at least 10 years. It was for the most part in the 70’s, with little or no humidity, and we had only one day of rain which lead to NYRA taking the races off the turf so that our DG could get in as an MTO entry. Of course he was in over his head and the Tagg horse won without much competition. But, for the most part our horses consistently picked up checks and we made some money. We still haven’t won a race this Saratoga meet but we have done quite well for a small owner (and we were the lead owner at Aqueduct in the 2006 Spring Meet) and the meet isn’t over yet.

So, though I didn’t fall in love with a yearling this year, I did have a great time at the Spa.

Oh, and did I mention how wonderful the dining was? If you get a chance please try the restaurant at the Golf Course, SARGO, and let us not forget the Wine Bar. All in all, it was a great vacation, and meet, and I had a wonderful time, even if the sale fell flat for me and I am not exactly looking for the next Green Monkey to make my day. As to the sales, on to Timonium and Ocala!

In the Travers: Go Bernardini, Cara Rafaela’s baby boy!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home