Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Is there a God?

I have been thinking about this Foley revelation for quite sometime. It seems to me like the Perfect Storm, but I couldn’t quite get a handle on its significance. So, it took me sometime to get it. Or actually, to form a take on it.

I am for the most part an atheist, of sorts. I struggle with the idea of being a deist. I struggle because I believe that there is some type of higher energy form than us often pathetic lower life forms known as human beings. I say lower life forms because, I mean obviously look around folks, we are pathetic when it comes to evolving and using whatever intelligence we have been given.

So, my epiphany is that timing is everything. I think that our higher being is really pissed off as She has noticed that the drip, drip, drip She has been showing us (as to the recent incarnation of the GOP) the GOP’s degradation of our nation and its effect on not only our country but the world has not made any noticeable difference to Americans. All of the scandals (SCOTUS decision, Iraq, Abramoff, Ohio, Florida, K Street Project, DeLay, Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, Paris Hilton Unearned Income Tax Relief, Privatizing Social Security, Katrina, War Profiteering of Politically Connected Corporations, etc.) have failed in their drip, drip effect to effect the American Psyche and change our course.

I think that the moment came when the Senate decided on September 28, 2006 to make this nation, the U.S.A., a Torturing Dictatorship was more than She could stand. And so She did what She had to do which was drop the SEX BOMB. And She had to do that because all of the facts of corruption and malfeasance weren’t getting the American Public’s attention. But, a good sex scandal would. And She dropped the first drip of the Bomb on the evening of the Senate’s decision to codify Torture and Dictatorial Executive Powers.

How apropos! And get their attention it did!

So, now that a safe GOP seat has been taken down by the “being caught in bed with a live boy,” charge against a member of the “Family Values Crowd,” and has ostensibly been covered up by the GOP leadership for many years (using the Catholic Church Hierarchy Methodology) I have to think that timing is indeed the key here. I have a gut feeling that for whatever reason the first drip of this scandal fell on the American Public on the eve of the Senate Vote was not an accident.

The U.S.A. has clearly overstepped its bounds and that Higher Being has somehow stepped in to rein it in. Of course the question is whether or not the American Public really cares.

And that my friends is the question. If this SEX SCANDAL where a Congressman, who is in charge of and has authored Cyber-sex Legislation actually engages in Cyber-sex with children under his authority, and those who enabled and covered up for him in the GOP Leadership, aren’t held accountable we will know the actual character of this country.

Torture, okay; Dictatorial Executive Power, okay; Child Predators, okay!

What have we become? Not a pretty picture.

JMHO!

UPDATE: I have used limited links because if you don’t know what is going on here, what is the point to providing the links. But say you were interested you would definitely go here and here.

Update: And say you really did care, well maybe you have “Had Enough!” Check it out!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home