Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Bonnie Raitt from not so back in the Day!

I love Bonnie Raitt and not just because we hung out at Norman’s apartment on Main Street in Worcester back in the day. She often was a performer at our Coffee House, the Y Not, in the 60’s and the 70’s. She is one of the most talented and fabulous (words fail me) entertainers of our time. Now it is so many years later and she has continued to thrill us with her prowess.

That said, here for your musical entertainment are some of her tunes that I love and why I love them.

I love this movie, which made me fall in love with Kira Sedgwick, which has a great soundtrack and here is Bonnie’s contribution.

It is “Something to Talk About!”


Then there is “Boys on the Side” with Woopi, Mary-Louise Parker, and Drew Barrymore. It is of course very sentimental and that is why I love it. I am a softy. And I love “You Got It.”

Then if course there is the classic of Bonnie and John Lee Hooker doing “I’m in the Mood.” It is two classics doing a classic.

Then of course there is that message to all of who think that time is running out, and it is folks.

And of course we have Bonnie with the Queen, Aretha.

But for me the sweetest is a reminder of back in the day. Here is Bonnie campaigning for John Hall last year with Keb’ Mo’ and Phoebe Snow in Hall’s run for NYS Representative, which he won.

She is one of a kind and obviously didn’t fall too far from the tree.

Update: So, Youtube has started pulling videos and as a result I have had to replace some with others that I find less satisfying. C’est le Guerre in the Internet Wars.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello-

Every week Worcester Magazine scours the web for the best of locally meaningful blogs, and reprints excerpts from these entries in our Blog Log column. It’s sort of a blog in reverse, if you will.

We wanted to let you know that one of your entries has been chosen to run in the coming week’s issue and will appear with full credit given to the author and blog we got it from.

Be sure to check out this week’s issue, and feel free to contact us at editorial@worcestermag.com

Thanks!

The staff

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home