Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Keep Your Eye on the Ball and the FDA

I am thinking that this whole discussion about the tainted “protein” from China is missing the point. Sure China is fast becoming the USA trading partner of choice, and lest we forget the fact that they are financing our Mess-O-Potamia adventure and domestic pork economic meltdown. But, China is also pretty much a wild-wild-west of capitalism. Now I don’t mind that Wal-Mart devotees want to buy all their plastic toys and other crap from China (well actually I do but that is a story for another day). But, I do mind that anyone wants to buy China’s plastic in our food chain.

My question is: are there no companies in the USA that produce wheat, rice and soy gluten and flour that could be purchased by these American companies to produce their pet food and animal feed, and if not, why not? And if there are, why aren’t the American companies that make the pet food and animal feed buying from the American producers? I mean really, just exactly how much cheaper is the wheat, rice, and soy gluten and flour from China compared to that which is produced here? Is the difference in cost pennies per pound or what?

Now I find it fascinating that the focus of the press is on China and their lax regulatory system. Meanwhile the FDA is making mewing sounds about their lax regulatory system and the press is acting as their stenographers.

No where have I seen any examination of why ChemNutra (who would want to by food stuffs from a company with a short name for Chemical Nutrition) is buying their “protein” from China and not from USA producers. I have only seen the demonization of China in the press and none about the companies buying the tainted products who know full well that there is no system in this country to regulate the importation of tainted food stuffs.

So, if this melamine tainted feed has entered the human food chain via chicken, pork and fish what is a carnivore to do?

Until I hear differently, I think of this: Beef, it’s what’s for dinner.

Oh, yeah I forgot, Mad Cow!

And as for the vegetable situation we have e. coli and parasites.

So, I guess this Republican Corporatist deregulation thing is working out really well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home