Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bittman on the Kitchen

According to him size doesn’t matter. And he is right. Though I am lucky in that I have an eat-in-kitchen in Manhattan it is very small compared to those I have had in the suburbs of Massachusetts. There is limited storage and counter space. The one luxury I do have is a double-wide refrigerator which I love. Most folks I know have big-ass televisions. I have a big-ass fridge and a relatively small TV. Priorities you know!

I do love to cook and have always loved to cook. I am not a great cook, but pretty good. One of the finest cooks and caterers I know cooks on a small and ancient stove (even older and smaller than mine) with a very small oven. She also has a very small and efficient Italian fridge.

Bittman is right: cooks cook, no matter the accoutrements. Granite countertops and a Viking stove (though very attractive) don’t make your lamb stew a better lamb stew!

Say you are a carnivore that is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home