Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Social Security Redux

President-elect Obama wants to overhaul Social Security and Medicare. Now I am totally for the overhaul of Medicare. We must eliminate the mandate that says we can’t negotiate with Big Pharma on drug prices like the Veterans Administration does. And on Social Security I believe that we need to lift the cap on FICA. Now are these the changes “President Obama” has in mind, if so okay with me. However we really have no idea what is in store for us as the article makes clear. The only idea he expounded on during the campaign was lifting the FICA cap. I hope that is what he is talking about.

And just for your entertainment I am linking to a Cohen Op-Ed from the way back machine when he finally sees the light on President Bush’s Social Security Plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home