Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Not Exactly Timely but Relevant None the Less.

As I watched the GOP debate I was reminded of Wanda Sykes very insightful comments on Katrina during an appearance on Jay Leno in 2005:

Jay: "But President Bush took responsibility."

Wanda: "I don't think the President should have taken responsibility.... I don't blame the President. I blame the American people. Y'all knew the man was slow when you voted him in. You can't blame the blind man for wrecking your car when you're the one who gave him the keys."

Ms. Sykes was channeling my opinion. And though I am an optimist, I have to wonder whether the American people have learned their lesson or are they still willing to give the keys to the car to another blind man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home