Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Jumping Jack Flash with Whoopi and the Stones v. the Beatles

Back in the day there was a bit of a, shall we say, “rivalry” between those who were diehard Beatles Fans and the Stones Fans. It was a carryover of the Mods versus the Rockersrivalry” from across the pond.

I was a definite Beatles Fan, being Canadian and all, but I wasn’t opposed to the Stones as many of my contemporaries were.

So, when I saw Whoopi in “Jumping Jack Flash” it solidified my appreciation of the Stones and their Genius. This of course is also solidified by my standing next to Mick Jagger on Lexington Avenue and the East 70’s in his total Anglophone outfit of Cashmere Blazer, Cashmere Sweater Vest, and Cashmere Slacks and this was in the Eighties. He looks much healthier in real life than non-real life, just so you know. And I am an Anglophone, sad as that is.

Anyway, “Jumping Jack Flash” is one of my favorite movies. So these videos are a reminder of what I love about the Stones.

Beatles meet Jumping Jack Flash George Harrison and Leon Russel



And just because I love all things Whoopi, here is Ball of Confusion. Okay so it's not exactly the Temps, but I like it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home