Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Luciano Pavarotti

What can I say:

I am reminded of when my son was two years old and we were watching the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson whose quest was, you guessed it, Pavarotti. Johnny, apparently, had a brain “fart” moment and he couldn’t remember Pavarotti’s name. My son looked at me in total disgust and as his little legs dangled over the edge of the bed said, “Mom, everyone knows that’s Pavarotti.”

Indeed, and with such crossover appeal!

R.I.P.

1935 – 2007

Update: I just saw this and had to post it. I love him so!

I have been humming Nessun Dorma for days!

My first tenor love fest was with Jan Peerce (not the former head of the CWA Union) and I loved that 78. Here it is, goofy isn’t it?

But he led me to Schubert, Lanza, Caruso, Domingo and Pavarotti. How bad could that be?

And I remain to this day a Schubert fan.

This is the first piece I learned to play on the piano. So, of course it has a soft spot in my heart. The Maestro singing it makes it all the better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home