Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Surfing the Intertubes!

So, after perusing the news and seeing that the usual suspects are up to the same old thing, I decided to take a trip back in time. I take my trips back to past via music. So, that meant a trip to Youtube.

First up are classics from way back in the day. And classics always hold up to the test of time. Especially when the talent is extraordinary as it is here:

Yes the classics certainly hold up, don’t they? Here are Ella, Miss Nancy, Al and a tune by Stevie all together in one venue!

Then I moved into my memories from the mid-seventies. Phyllis was so talented, beautiful and also extraordinary. She sang at a club on the Upper-Westside regularly and we got to know each other. This was when she was singing standards, reminding me of Miss Nancy Wilson, and before the big costume era. This video is quite interesting and I love this song:

Betcha By Golly Wow, indeed. I miss her so!

Though the seventies were a pretty terrific time for me I finally got sentimental about the nineties and one of my favorite classic sixties songs in one of my favorite scenes from a movie. These three women in this scene take the Lesley Gore and Dusty Springfield classic and really turn it into an anthem:

And so as they charge off into the good night and face their future, let us hope that what is coming for all of us is just as hopeful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home