Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Let’s Give Thanks!

Thanksgiving Day is the only Holiday that I celebrate. It is the only holiday that hasn’t been really co-opted by the consumerist cult of consumerism. My friends and I celebrate it for two whole days. Friday night’s culmination is a real mixed generational blowout. So, my son and I love Thanksgiving Day and its communal feel.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I have a lot to be thankful for. First, I am above ground and breathing, and that’s a big one. Second, I have a wonderful child, who has grown into an amazing man. Third, I have wonderful family and friends. I also have some of the greatest memories ever. Indeed, because of all of the above I have had an extraordinary life. For that I am so thankful.

Oh, and let’s not forget the Intertubes. I have come to know some thoughtful, insightful and really gracious folks from my interactions with other Bloggers which has enriched my life. In fact this year I received a Thanksgiving Day card via email from a fellow Blogger who I really respect. It was my first ever Thanksgiving Day card via snail mail or anything else. I didn’t know there was such a thing. As Martha would say, “Learn something new everyday. It’s a good thing.”

Now times are tough and many of us feel distraught about the trajectory of the U.S.A., but I think that the tide may be turning and for that I am grateful and feeling a little more hopeful. Now, with that in mind I want to go with that optimistic vision.

So, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and be thankful! We deserve it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home