Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chris Matthews Gets It!

This is a late post and update on the convention situation. So, without any attribution, other than your total trust in what I say and my ability to recall anything (or something, as the case may be,) I made this note the other day after watching Hardball. And I have to say, I was blown away by the obvious insight of the talking head who usually isn’t all that insightful. According to Chris Matthews what was evident from the two conventions was the overarching philosophy of the two parties. The Dems are the party of “We’re In This Together” (WITT) and the GOP is the party of “You’re On Your Own” (YOYO) and that is the difference that was even evident to Matthews in what he witnessed in his coverage of the two conventions. I was frankly shocked that he was even aware of these two contrasting world views and political philosophies.

What is so infuriating about this obvious difference in the two party’s philosophy is why the lauded middle-class of the U.S. Electorate would vote against their own interests. Because the GOP YOYO’s when they say “You’re On Your Own,” the really mean it! You don’t count and you never will count in their equation.

And just because I love him, here is an interesting interview at the RNC with Thomas Frank the author of What is the Matter With Kansas? and Wrecking Crew:

Lord, he is so young and so smart. It gives me faith in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home