Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Monday, June 01, 2009

Talk Rage and Perhaps the Consequence.

Unfortunately this weekend there is an example of perhaps the effect of Talk Rage. I speak specifically of Bill O’Reilly and his tirades about Dr. Tiller. The doctor was one of the few OB/GYN’s in the States who performed abortions to save the life and or health of a woman in the last trimester. Now I happen to be of an age when women who were pregnant and their pregnancy was determined to be a danger to their lives and or health had to carry the pregnancy to term. One friend of mine in the 60’s had to carry a dead fetus to term. She was then induced and faced both physical and emotional trauma that scarred her for life.

Now I happen to support the First Amendment, however I don’t believe in yelling “Fire” in a theater. And this “Talk Rage” is, I believe, at that point.

Here is a piece from The Very Reverend Moyers’ Journal on PBS:

I guess that the Right-Wing Moralists missed and or didn’t agree with Obama’s “Notre Dame” speech. Not to mention that Murder, whether ironically in a church or not, is not all that Moral or Pro-Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home