Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Revolutionary Road

I am not necessarily a DiCaprio or Winslet fan so I was skeptical about watching the movie. But I love Bates. So, I soldiered on.


I had been warned by many folks that the ending was “shocking.” So, I was very surprised that it wasn’t shocking at all.


As I thought about it I realized that most of those who warned me lacked a sense of “social” history. And, they were also too young to know that the events of the film were leading directly to this ending.


The ending was indeed sad, but not shocking, and all too obvious, frequent and true.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home