Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

An Iraq Solution!

Quite frequently when I speak to Republicans about the Debacle that is Iraq I am asked what you “Liberals” would do to solve the situation. I am told by the Repubs that it isn’t as if "Liberals” have any good ideas or solutions (to a problem that Repubs created). In response I have often invoked the Pottery Barn Rule, which doesn’t exist actually, and I have said that the Repubs created this mess and they should be the ones to clean it up.

Well, that is really not getting to the nub of the issue is it? Iraq, and what we have done to it, is a National and World problem that the United States of America has created and the whole of the U.S.A. needs to solve it.

Now I posted this comment to Driftglass and I thought that I would share it with my two readers as I really do believe that it is the best all round solution that I have heard to date:

Yes, we did have the solution to this problem in Iraq at the beginning as was stated by Anonymous: Don’t go! And now the folks who decided to ignore all the warnings and warning signs want those of us who did the warning to come up with a plan to clean up their Mess-Opotamia. Well, I have been thinking about this for sometime and I think that I have come up with a plan that might well serve quite a few ends.

I say we send Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, Bolton, Wolfowitz, Feith, Perle and everyone else responsible for this horror to the Emerald City in Iraq. They must stay there until they have solved the problem they have created for the Iraqi people, the U.S.A., and the World. They cannot leave until the “Mission is Accomplished.”

Think about it. It isn’t as if these people are engaged in governing here. Other than the Photo-Ops, and self-serving quotes in the MSM, who would even notice they weren’t here? The upside to this is they would no long be able to raise millions of dollars for the Republican Machine. Also, if we do this quickly enough Bush won’t get to sign the Torture and Indefinite Detention Act with his Unitary Executive Signing Statement making it even more evil than it already is.

I say this is a win, win, strategy!

JMHO!

I admit that this is a bit quixotic, but have you got a better idea?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO that would be too easy--they may be killed too soon.
Once in a while I yearn for a good pergatory...

Book your front row seats as the show will begin in a few weeks! First, it'll be the time between the elections and the time when the new Congress is seated. You'll see the Gopers soiling themselves (yet again) as they'll stew in their own juice for a while.

Then the subpoena power will make for some very interesting investigations....

Mmmmmm, I can't wait!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home