Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

How Lucky are We?

So, the other day I was talking about the current dreadful world situation with one of my favorite appellate attorneys when it dawned on us that we are in the Perfect Storm. And as he has been telling me for years, we are screwed. Well the Perfect Storm is Peak Oil, Global Warming, the War on Terra, the Unitary Executive, and we won’t even get into Globalization. But what makes the Perfect Storm so horrifying is that at this particular time the United States of America has elected (why is beyond me), and is lead by, George W. Bush. Who is probably the most incompetent President ever, and certainly not up to the task.

And in case we didn’t really understand just how devoid of the understanding of reality G.W. Bush is, here is a part of his 60 Minutes interview on Sunday via Froomkin:

"PELLEY: Do you think you owe the Iraqi people an apology for not doing a better job?

"BUSH: That we didn't do a better job or they didn't do a better job?

"PELLEY: Well, that the United States did not do a better job in providing security after the invasion.

"BUSH: Not at all. I am proud of the efforts we did. We liberated that country from a tyrant. I think the Iraqi people owe the American people a huge debt of gratitude, and I believe most Iraqis express that. I mean, the people understand that we've endured great sacrifice to help them. That's the problem here in America. They wonder whether or not there is a gratitude level that's significant enough in Iraq."

No, Mr. President that is not America’s problem with Iraq.

But Mr. President, I am sure that those who lost their lives and loved ones that day feel they owe such a huge debt of gratitude to the U.S. for the liberation of Iraq. After all only a minimum of 70 Iraqi’s lost there lives on this one day for their liberation.

What about the 25th Amendment, is that an option? Oh, yeah I forgot, Vice President Dick Cheney! Never mind.

Who is this lunatic and who are the lunatics who support him?

Lucky us!

Rant over, but just for the moment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home