Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday, Don’t Do It!

As most of you know I am a devotee of the Reverend Billy and the Church of Stop Shopping. So, stay out of the commerce and debt thread today.

This isn’t a vote for Dennis the Menace but a vote against Black Friday. If you want to put your money somewhere else, it would still be a great thing.

If you give up buying stuff for one day, you won’t hate yourself in the morning.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never understood why gift-giving should:
1. Be on commercially-driven holidays
2. Buying something because you're expected to

But, then again, what do I know?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Asa said...

I, personally, am of the opinion that its okay as long as its something you actually need. Household goods, for instance? Perhaps even a spot of furniture to replace non-functional furniture?

Otherwise, I'm with ya!

:)

1:22 AM  
Blogger Tuli said...

Thanks for your support. :)

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home