Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Social Psychosis!

Back in the 60’s I thought there was something so terribly wrong with the folks who populate the U.S. of A. Now I am saying this as a former Republican. But when the Right came up with the “Southern Strategy” I was done.

The rhetoric surrounding the opposition to the Civil Rights Movement became increasingly dangerous. I lived in Massachusetts at the time and there were white folks stoning brown skinned children on the beaches not to mention what was going on in the South. The divide over the Vietnam War was to put it mildly equally divisive though it came to a head much later when reality was impossible to ignore. And yet the Right-Wing held on to their value-free and fact-free position.

So I was not in the least surprised by Glennzilla’s podcast with Jonathan Weiler’s interview about Authoritarianism and American Politics.

It is a great interview and you should read it here. This interview does explain our latest form of Social Psychosis where Obama and Nancy Pelosi are Hitler.

Change seems to be the correlating issue here. We now have a Black man and a White Woman in charge of the Political process. That is a change that is hard to deal with for many people.

I understand to a certain degree as I am not great with change either. I am a great believer in “If It Ain’t Broke Don’t Fix It.” But progress and the right thing to do is another thing altogether! Because it means “IT IS BROKEN!”

So, “FIX” it already!

Or, as they say, get thee to a therapist!

1 Comments:

Blogger George said...

Obviously there are broken laws and broken systems... health insurance and immigration are a couple of the things needin fixin...

Even though, I don't want to dismantle anything that works reasonably well, I do hope that we maintain our creativity, ingenuity, and the spirit of innovation.

Strangely, I do want the conservatives and the Republican party to "get with the times," but as it is now, I'd opt for them to become more extreme (they're obliging so far) so the can be even more irrelevant. There are lots of conservatives in the Democratic party to take their place in politics.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home