Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Madwoman of Chaillot!

There are probably those on the Upper West Side of Manhattan who think that I am the incarnation of the Katharine Hepburn character. But this weekend many of my neighbors and those who shop here were subjected to my outrage.

In every store or shop that I entered this weekend I made the plea that those who were in attendance not watch ABC/Disney this weekend and why. I met only one person who had even a clue as to what I was talking about.

Well, maybe it made somebody think, but the blank faces of those who consume on the Upper Westside was disheartening.

How is it that folks don’t know what is going on with the Disney Path to 9/11?

Perhaps Katherine Hepburn should have been doing the announcement instead of me. Oh, okay, she is dead! That would have gotten those consumers’ attention though!

And CNN would have been all over it as it was about a white woman.

1 Comments:

Blogger George said...

You know for all the buz and the controversy I found many, too many, people who didn't know what I was talking about either! I bet these would be the same people who'd form their opinions about historical events by watching a agit-prop tv show.

You know, if it feels right, it probably is! At least, that's how we like it to be. It Feels better this way!

Ah, it's so ..American after all! We don't know much about history, nor do we care to check upon a few sources when we form opinions--opinions that we dare not to amend (another American trait).

Popular culture, urban myths, infotainment, folklore and truthiness... Ah, yes. And we wonder why our politics are so screwed up...

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home