Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Monday, May 28, 2007

Go UMass Amherst Grads and Community.

When we graduated from Hunter College, CUNY, in 1985, Gerry Ferraro was our Honored Guest. Though the student leadership had very little if any input into the choice, it seemed so appropriate as she was the First Woman to be nominated as Vice-President of the United States. However, our choice for Valedictory Speaker was a big fight. The Returning Women, i.e. 4.0 Bitches, won in the end and in the end the NYTimes ran a four column above the fold piece on our choice and not Gerry in the Sunday coverage of our graduation. After the ceremony Sha-la-la graciously apologized to me. We had prevailed due to reason and respect and the fact that the administration of Hunter was also reasonable and respectful of their students.

So, what the Hell was the administration at UMass Amherst thinking?

Oh, yeah, I keep forgetting: it’s that Liberal Massachusetts thing!

P.S. I can say this as I grew up in Massachusetts and never witnessed this Liberal thing that I keep hearing about. Exhibit A would be Mitt Romney!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home