Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Reverend Billy!

To commemorate the fifth anniversary of 9/11 my friend Janis and I went to see the Reverend Billy of the Church of Stop Shopping. It was wonderful. I have been a fan for a long time, but he rarely has programs preaching the Theology of Slowing Down Consumption through Divinity at a time during the week that allows me to partake.

His message was of “Forgiveness.” It is one that is hard to swallow. But, I am willing to drink his message. It is opposite to this administration's “good” vs. “evil” message. He also makes it clear that “evil” comes from somewhere and it behooves us to find out the basis for that “evil.”

I am reminded of the supposed “liberal” reasons for crime. Now I know a few criminals and quite frequently when you look back, as the Rev. tells us to do, you see an almost inevitable slide to criminal behavior. I am always astounded when I look back on some folk’s backgrounds that they are not criminals.

Now this maybe an unpopular point of view, but I do believe that “evil” comes from somewhere. And I don’t believe you can just lock it up or bomb the hell out of it.

I believe you must eradicate “evil” at its roots and reasons.

So, as the Reverend says, “forgiveness is a start.”

What would Jesus do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home