Tuli Can't Stop Talking

These are just my thoughts on contemporary issues and an attempt to open up a dialogue.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York City

A citizen who cares deeply about the United States Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Friday, April 08, 2005

I'll Be Back!

Too much happening right now! So, I need to take a breather. Luckily for you there are wonderful folks to read everyday. Don't miss Billmon, Newsfare, TalkLeft, Ann Althouse, Atrios, Kos, Wolcott, Mediagirl, Talkingpointsmemo, and Truth Out, etc., etcetera.

I'll leave you, for the time being, with this article in Rolling Stone about Peak Oil and The Long Emergency. It will scare the bejesus out of you, as well it should. Peak Oil is coming and much sooner than expected. China's and India's recent massive increased energy needs have helped to hasten the coming emergency. And it is an emergency, and we are unprepared. This doesn't seem to be getting much MSM coverage and I think that it is because it is too scary.

Kuntsler says:

"Carl Jung, one of the fathers of psychology, famously remarked that "people cannot stand too much reality." What you're about to read may challenge your assumptions about the kind of world we live in, and especially the kind of world into which events are propelling us. We are in for a rough ride through uncharted territory.

It has been very hard for Americans -- lost in dark raptures of nonstop infotainment, recreational shopping and compulsive motoring -- to make sense of the gathering forces that will fundamentally alter the terms of everyday life in our technological society. Even after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, America is still sleepwalking into the future. I call this coming time the Long Emergency."

Please read this article.

That said, my sister thinks that I am not funny enough in my posts. She thinks that my snarky, and sarcastic, self doesn't shine through enough, and that my humor is my strongest point. Well, she maybe right, but what is going on, and coming down the pike, doesn't lend itself, in my humble opinion, to humor. At least I can't see it that way right now.

One thing that does seem to be going well are our horses. Diligent Gambler is so full of heart and a real gem. Who would have thought that our little group would have a horse that was competitive at his level? He is the 2004 Florida-Bred Claiming Horse of the Year and he is running in Allowance races. Flip de Lite is also quite promising. He has won his maiden race and seems quite competitive running against winners. Also, we have a new two-year old filly by Senior Speedy that that we are quite excited about. So, there are some things that are quite promising coming down the pike in my small world.

I'll be back when things loosen up a bit (pun intended.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No doubt about it, a harrowing read. I'm glad RS had the guts to cut through the Michael/Pope/Prince Charles amusements and *pipe* up about this. Sheds light on the URGENCY of invading Iraq though doesn't it. And goes some way to support some of the theories posited by Mike Rupert at www.copvcia.com

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home